Hi! Welcome back. Tonight I cooked Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole. I’ve been making this dish for so long, I’m not sure where I came across the recipe… My husband specifically requested it this week, so it must be good! Enjoy.
2 c. diced cooked chicken (I used leftover chicken, although rotisserie works well also).
10 corn tortillas, torn into 1/2 inch strips
2 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 can red enchilada sauce
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 dash cumin (optional)
1. Heat oil in skillet. Cook tortilla strips in oil approximately 1 minute, or until light golden brown. Drain. (I cook mine in 2 batches, and then drain the first batch on paper towels while the second is cooking).
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Lightly grease 2 quart casserole dish.
4. Place half of the tortilla strips in bottom of dish.
5. Top with the chicken, half can of enchilada sauce, 1 cup of cheese, and onion.
6. Repeat with remaining tortilla strips, cheese, enchilada sauce, and a slight sprinkling of cumin.
7. Cook for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Until next time,